Sunday, June 27, 2010

And so it starts again...

I will blog more often!! This last month or so I found a great group of people in Cordoba and a great music scene and there never seemed to be time to write. So basically I'm doing really great. I finished up my classes and finals on Thursday and came out here to Salta on Friday night to meet up with Noah and Mary Alice who had arrived in Salta a few days before from Talampaya. It's a beautiful city with gorgeous old buildings, orange trees, and cobblestone streets in the area around the central plaza. Today we watched the England/Germany game at our favorite empanada place and then met up with my friend Patricia from Cordoba who's doing some work up here in Salta for a few days. (And Noah's spanish is getting so much better!) After spending some time trying to tackle Noah's college stuff, we went out to a cafe on the plaza to watch the Argentina/Mexico game. Absolutely nuts. I hope you guys were all watching because it was a really intense game and Argentina totally kicked some butt. And how weird, a guy from Wales who was living one block away from me in Cordoba had just arrived in Salta today and happened to be watching the game in the same cafe as us! It gets better, we randomly ran into my friends Lola, Alex, and Sebastian from France and Belgium on the plaza! I had left them about a month ago when we all went to Talampaya and they had just taken a really long time traveling northward, only arriving today in Salta. Then we went to the feria artesenal and I bought myself some really nice nice silver earings with turquoise stones and now we´re about to go with Mary Alice to the bus terminal. Later tonight I think we're going to meet up with Lola, Alex, and Sabastian to go out to a Peña. And then tomorrow Noah and I'll head up north towards Bolivia! Here's our general itinerary until about the 25th of July:

Jujuy, Argentina -- las montanas coloradas (Humahuaca)
Tupiza, Bolivia -- three day horseback riding excursion
Uyuni, Bolivia -- salt flats (biggest in the world I think)
la laguna colorada
la laguna verde
La Paz, Bolivia -- capital
Tihunacu, Bolivia -- pre-incan ruins
Copacabana -- el lago Titcaca
la Isla del Sol
Cuzco, Peru -- kick of to....
Machu Picchu

Then we'll travel back down through Bolivia possibly going to the jungle depending how much time we have left. We'll get back on around July 25th and head back to the US on the 31st!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment