Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Up down and in between

So after 1 lost bag, 1 night on an outside couch, and 1 awful stomach virus we decided to fold in our cards for going to Chile. We did have half a good time though. We went to Puente de Inca which was really cool, I'll post pictures. And took a beautiful bus ride through the Andies of which I'll also post pictures. Noah's still sick but I recovered pretty quickly after the night bus back to Cordoba where I threw up the worst of the virus. It sucked and now Noah doesn't have a cell phone or his journal or debit card (which has been canceled) or favorite bandana but of course, he's Noah so he almost immediately snapped back to his chipper happy self. Amazing. I've been feeling very high and low. These last few days mostly low but today turned out good. The social scene here is just so frustrating. I understand that I'm having a very different experience in Argentina than everyone else but I just can't connect with anyone! Its so weird. But today I was reading in the park and met some new people who I immediately clicked with. It was quite a relief, I was starting to believe that Amherst was really more of a bubble than I had thought. So I spent a lot of time with them and we'll definitely see each other soon. I hope that I just haven't been able to find my right circle of people. Maybe this is it. It'll have to wait though cause this weekend I'm going to visit Noah on his farm in Capilla! I'm really excited to have a relaxing weekend away from the city just reading and playing guitar with Noah in the country side. When I get back I'm going to start going to Yoga a few blocks away and look into taking some tango lessons :). So updatesss....hmm

IM GOING TO EARLHAM! Thats a big one.

Oh and I'm exchanging guitar lessons with Cristina's cousin Patricia whose's 26. I'm teaching her Jack Johnson and she's teaching me Samba. I love it.

Connections connections, a guy in my hebrew class knows a girl from my program, Rachael from church and another guy in hebrew class knows Jeremy Aronson because he's trying to start Ultimate frisbee here. Crazy things going on! (btw Jeremy is from Amherst, a member of the JCA, went to DC with me on Panim el Panim, was in my english class, and is also here living in Cordoba in his gap year coincidentally).

Of course! I did Passover at the Habad House which is one and a half blocks away on my street!! It was a great experience and I had a lot of fun. The food was pretty bad but I met a lot of interesting people (there were about 180 people there, pretty much all around 23 and pretty much all traveling Israelis). The seder was in Hebrew which I couldn't understand but that was ok because the Rabbi was really drunk and hilariously picking on random people and asking them what they thought the meaning was of his ridiculously long anecdotes. It was a seder to remember.

Sums it up, will try to check in more often. Thanks for tune'n in folks.

1 comment:

  1. Making friends (and maintaining friendships) I've found --especially for a woman --depends on whether you are solo or part of a duo (and who the other part is). It's challenging to switch between the two but eventually, with a great deal of patience and keen observation, gets straightened out. Good luck with that. Actually, a duo that involves some geographic distance is for many people the best of all worlds!

    Glad that chabad was kind enough to show you more about how to live "Jewishly"!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete